Thursday, August 4, 2011

A storyteller...

So, today, I had a friend tell me that I write like a storyteller.  So that's what I am gonna do.  I have ran this day over and over in my head - today, that is - so I am gonna see if I can write it down and do it justice in my head.  It was Mother's Day this year.  For those of you who know my sweet husband, he is a die hard Orioles and Ravens fan.  Baltimore to the core. For those of you who know me, there is nothing I love more than a Pro Baseball game.  Don't care who the team is (albeit preferably the Phillies)  I love going.  Well for those of you who have ever been at Camden Yards - there is a Jumbotron - HUGE AND MASSIVE.  They have funny games, quizzes, stats, and the most important part to this girl - the KISS CAM!!!!!!!!  For Mother's day this year, Shaun took me and my best friend to the Orioles game.  It was a win-win for all.  I was so excited.  I had my love, my bestie, and a pro baseball game - all in one shot.  What more could a girl ask for.  We went directly after church - hit no traffic, and it was a gorgeous day.  A perfect day for a baseball game in Baltimore. Shaun and I always wanted to get on the jumbotron.  If you know Shaun, well, he loved himself some Shaun.  And, I gotta say, I am a fan of this girl.  We loved each other - so just imagine us together.  We were watching the game, me making snide comments about how he was gonna lose me to Nick Markakis - and having a grand time.  Dancing to John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", in the 7th inning stretch, and booing the other team having a ball.  But there is the moment of the kiss cam.  AND THEY FOCUSED IN ON US!!!!!!!  It was a great amazing moment!  We both realized we made on the kiss cam at Camden Yards!!!  We look at each other all excited - and we go for it.  We don't do the little peck and laugh - we straight on make out.  Yep, we are those people.  And proud of it.  And they stayed on us longer than anyone else.  You can ask Krissie, it got uncomfortable for her.  But it was a glorious moment for us.  If you are our friends on facebook - check it out - we posted it as our status.  We were both so excited.  And afterwards, we went to the inner harbor, went to UNO's (where I met Shaun) and ate pizza skins.(Which is the best food in the world.)  It was a perfect and happy day.  And here is a cute sidenote that I thought I would never tell people.  After all the hotdogs, nachos, and pizza skins - I felt like a cow.  This gorgeous husband of mine, went to a gift shop - and bought me "Baltimore" sweatpants and a hoodie.  Just so I could be stretchy and comfortable.  Don't tell me that's not one amazing man - that is.  And everytime I go to Baltimore - I'm gonna think of him and Krissie laughing at me walking to car - saying,  "you are obviously a local."  Since I had the town plastered all over my body.  It's a precious memory of millions, and one I wanted to share. 
I love you baby - and I know you are here - and I'll never forget.  I love you.
This pic is a minor reenactment of our kiss cam shot.  Here we are in UNO's at the Harbor - and I am wearing my hot pink Baltimore Hoodie - something that is priceless to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment