Thursday, August 11, 2011

Soul Sister....

So, I had a rough and good day.  Started rough, well till about 6 it was rough.  Then it got better - football was on and Shaun had entered the building... LOL... But this blog is going to be shorter than most - just a thought.  Today I work I was listening to my ipod.  And I am purposely skipping songs that might make me sad.  So, I decided that I was gonna listen to "Soul Sister", by Train.  Upbeat and happy, right?  I thought so.  Until I listened - really listened.  I could sing this song to Shaun, and he could sing it to me - and the lyrics described us to a tee.  The line that made me cry hard was this:
"The way you can cut a rug
Watching you is the only drug I need
So gangster, I'm so thug
You're the only one I'm dreaming of
You see I can be myself now finally
In fact there's nothing I can't be
I want the world to see you'll be with me"
If you know Shaun and me - that was us.  All the way... but the whole song... Made me laugh and cry.  Because I realized, although I lost him - I HAD him.  He was mine.  In love with me.  No one else.  And he sung to me.  He kissed me.  He laid my pajamas out.  He knew what I needed before I knew.  I was his "Soul Sister".  And he was my world.  He still is.  I am not one for posting videos, etc. in a blog - but if you haven't heard it - Listen to it.  And think of how blessed I am that I feel this way about him, and vice versa.  Then say a quick prayer - not only for me, but my kids, and anyone else who has suffered a loss.  

No comments:

Post a Comment