Thursday, April 2, 2015

I suck. I'm sorry.


If I had a nickel for every time I have, or even should have said, "I'm Sorry" - I guarantee I would be a millionaire.  Luckily, I have to say, that the older I have gotten - the easier it is for me to say.  I don't know if it is because of all I have been through - or just one of the benefits of getting older - but I am glad it's easier for me now.  I don't wanna be someone who argues, who is hateful, but I also don't want to be a doormat.  And for me? It seems like I am one of the two.  I am either a doormat - Or a Pit-bull.  And there is absolutely no in-between.

I am working on it - and that, my friends, requires the ability to say I'm sorry.  And not saying, "I'm sorry", followed by eyeroll.  It means saying it - and then working on  yourself to do better and not commit the same offense.  (That part - is exceedingly difficult for me, too - because I often think I am right - about a lot... LOL!)

But this is where I am going.  If someone apologizes to you - let them.  Don't brush them off and say, "It's fine", or "it's over with - don't worry about it", or my favorite - "drop it."  Listen at what they have to say - because it takes courage to apologize and admit that you were at fault.  And if someone cares enough about you to apologize, take the time to listen and acknowledge.  I'm not saying it has to be some long and drawn out emotion filled scene - but acknowledge.

Today, I had to apologize.  I was blessed with someone who listened.  And after a rough day, it made me smile.  That although I had been wicked all day - and had taken out my technical frustrations on everyone around me - my apology was heard and appreciated.  And it changed my drive home.  I could smile.  And felt refreshed.  Like I had shut a door and fixed a yucky day.

Just something to think about....

Hugs - from my laptop to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment