Thursday, April 16, 2015

What's with the Bad Vibes, Brah?

******Disclaimer - this didn't happen today.  I wrote this a few days back... Just wasn't sure if I wanted to publish it or not - because it makes me look quite damaged.  LOL!******


So, today - I have experienced rage to the Nth degree.  And, as I drove home - with my temper flaming, I realized something.... So here we go.

Picture it.  Meeting a few people for the first time.  A friends of one of my best friends.  I'm kinda nervous.  I am going into a place where I know very few people.  But - I'm friendly, right?  OF COURSE!  That's my thing.  My mom says, me and my dad have never met a stranger.   And that's true.  I get there, and everything was great!  I met everyone, thought everyone was so nice, so friendly.  Everyone was easy to talk to.  I left with a smile on my face, thinking it was a good time.

And then, BOOM!  One of the people there, a female, said she got a "bad vibe" from me.  WHAT!?  I mean...... WHAT!?  We talked.  We laughed.  We ate.  I helped her carry her packages.  She told me about her trip and hometown.  I mean, the chances of me seeing this person again - Is close to zero.

But when I heard this - it wrecked me.  And I use the term wrecked - because that's the best way I can describe it.   I felt myself bow up.  I felt the wind leave my lungs.  I was ready to fight.  I have not felt that way in years.  Let me rephrase that, decades.  And there it was.  Fighting, blind rage.  I felt like I could punch my fist through a wall.  And to be honest - my heart rate is still a little high.

So, I am driving home from work, listening to Pink(Because that's my 'go to' rage music), an trying to figure out what kind of 'vibe' - I could have possibly been giving.  And then it hit me, right around track 7, that it's not me - it's her.  I was fine, happy, and myself.  And if she doesn't like that - that's cool.  I began to feel myself calm somewhat.  I'm not gonna lie - not a lot - but somewhat.

Which then led me to think about, why did I react the way I did?  How did the girl with bad self-esteem, anger issues, and insecurity resurrect herself by one phrase.  I mean, I thought that hot mess was long gone.  And by a person that I met for 2 hours - and will probably never see again?  Crazy, right?  I know.  Add that to my list of things I need to work on.

But here is the difference between 10 years ago and now.  Within one hour, I recognized it's not worth  my emotion.  Any of it.  That being said, it still hurt me.  It's stupid, I know.  But I am just being honest.   I truly believe that energy is completely contagious.  You are gonna catch what's around you - positive and negative.  So watch what you put out there.  It just might really hurt someone more than you know.

And I hope, one day, this lady stumbles across the blog.  And maybe she will know it was her - maybe not.  But consider the things you say - and if it isn't positive or constructive - think before you speak.  Until that day... Thanks for giving me an awesome blogpost and giving me some awesome creativity fuel.  I recognize I am still a work in progress.  But I like myself.  Each day - I wake up and look in the mirror, and I smile back at myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment