Saturday, September 10, 2011

I wonder what would have happened....

You ever sit back and wonder what would have happened if you changed once instant in your life?  I thought about that today.  What would have happened if I hadn't dressed up the night I went to UNOs?  Would Shaun and I have even talked?  What would have happened if I hadn't joined the Air Force? Would I have Tariq and Bella?  What would have happened if I went 95 home today, instead of Route 1?  Would I have just gotten home quicker?  I don't know.  I think it's interesting to think about all the little decisions we make everyday - and don't think about how they might affect us in the future.  I know I don't.  Or didn't.

I am thankful for the decisions I made. Some could have probably been better, but nonetheless, they got me where I am today.  I can't say enough times, how thankful I am to have been completely and madly in love - and to have had that love returned.  I feel complete.  I will always have that, and no one can ever take that from me.  I also can't say enough, how thankful I am that I know where Shaun is - I can't imagine the pain of people who don't know.  Although I hurt, a lot, I had that.  I have that, I guess I should say.  I have every moment, every kiss, every instant.  And it all started from those tiny little insignificant moments.

So, try.  Throughout this week, try to be thankful for lines in the grocery store.  Traffic.  Problems at work. Because, it could just be that.  But, It also could be so much more than you ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment