Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back to Westminster....

I went to Westminster last night, for Nats birthday bash.  And, besides the horrible DC traffic, we had a blast.  The kids had such a great time playing together, hanging out - and I love hanging out with Megan - such a sweet lady.  It was weird when we got into town though.  I have been there a few times.  All with Shaun.  And he pointed out every little spot along the way.  So it was kinda gut wrenching when we got into town.  But, then -  once I got to Megan's - I felt right at home.  Like that was my family.  And, fact of the matter is - they are.  We have become close through a horrible tragedy.  And I wish that wasn't the way we became close - but I am so glad we did.

And I know that Shaun was happy I was there.  Happy that we were all laughing and talking - looking at Natalie's baby pictures and comparing them to Jacoby.  Knowing that there are two halves of Shaun walking around.  And when I looked at Natalie holding Jacoby - It was Shaun.  Those two little halves - made up the whole Shaun to me.  And I felt warm all over.  And proud.  And their little minds don't understand all this.  And I am glad they don't.  They just know that they love each other - and that's fine for me.

Then today, Megan and I took the kids to Cranberry Mall.  We walked around the Ravens store - and some sports store with a really weird name.  Getting some great Christmas present ideas for the kiddies.  And Megan and I laughed and talked - and I felt like I have known her forever.  It's weird how you can connect with someone in such a sad time.  But, we have.  And she's a blast.  Her husband is great - I just love them.  So my trip was a fantastic success.  I had a blast.  I am exhausted, but happy.  So thanks for the thoughts and prayers - they all worked!  God is good to me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment