Saturday, August 30, 2014

Closing Time....

First of all, if you are reading this blog on a mobile device.... scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button that allows you to see it as the web version.  And then - sit back and be amazed.  I changed the whole look of the blog - after years of it being the same.  And to you, that might not seem like a big deal - but for me - it's huge.  This blog started as a way to let the world know how I was surviving that day.  Now, it's transformed into much more for me.  It has turned into a way to share my thoughts, feelings, and views.  And that is something I used to be so scared to share.  I didn't want people to think that I was stupid - or tell me I was wrong, a million different fears behind being outspoken and open.

Well boy, have times changed.  While working on changing the look and the name of the blog - I read a lot of my old posts.  And It was funny and eye-opening to see the way I have transformed over the years.  And it also floored me that I have been doing this for YEARS!  How is that even possible?  I have learned so much in the past few years - and I have changed in so many ways.  I guess I had my "coming of age" a little later than most.

So here is what I want you to know about the new look.  And yes - It all pretty much radically changed.  I threw the blog up 7 days after Shaun died.  I wasn't really concerned about how it looked.  It was just a way to breathe.  Now, I want you to see me.  Who I am.  Now.  Because of this wicked journey that I had to go on.  And who I am is this - A girl who has had a lot of heartache and pain - but it has always been out weighed by the love and goodness I have had around me.  My life is not perfect - I have struggles.  But I am blessed beyond measure.  I have people who love me.  Care about me.  And help me daily.  What more can you ask for?

Now, If you haven't noticed - the name has changed, too.  It was "iwillalwaysloveyoushaun.blogspot.com" -- and well, that's a lot.  It's now http://www.princessprophecies.blogspot.com.  Because, that's where I am going.  Onward and upward.  Time to get the book out.  And link it all together.  So here is my first step - I changed the name.  I changed the look.  And I love it.  I hope everyone else does too!!!!!  And I want to thank my techie people who made this happen.  It made me deep down, like in the center of my core, happy.  You didn't have to do it - and I can't thank you enough for doing it anyway.

And here's the thing - It's "closing time" on the old... and like Semisonic, not Third Eye Blind - said, " Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."  Here's my new beginning on this journey - and I am stoked.  Much more to come.  Love you all.  Xoxoxoxoxo



3 comments:

  1. amazing message. amazing story. I have followed your story since the beginning. And it is a perfect reflection as to who you are. You should be proud. The layout is pristine - your words are exquisite. You should be proud - job well done and looking forward to reading about your continuous journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant. Classy. Edgy. Passionate. You nailed it young lady - I have read this blog numerous times since my husband passed - and It has helped as I am sure many others. I love the name. You are princess - a princess of heart and insight. Love and Light to you. And all the success in the world. Exquisite look. Just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done. You know I have been following your blog since the very beginning. It is very hard to believe that Shaun has been gone that long. It does seem like yesterday. I am happy you have been blessed, you so deserve it. I look forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete